St. John’s United job benefits include health insurance, child care options, retirement savings, adoption benefits, and much more. Consider a career with one of Billings’ top employers!
- Health Insurance
- St. John’s United provides health insurance to employees who work in a regularly scheduled position of at least 24 hours per week. SJU contributes toward the employee’s portion of the premium. You may also add dependents to the policy.
- Dental Insurance
- Employees may also add voluntary dental coverage (self, spouse, dependent children) for an additional cost.
- Vision Insurance
- All benefit eligible employees are eligible to participate in a vision insurance plan. This is a voluntary benefit whereby an employee can choose to cover self, a spouse and dependent children.
- Life Insurance
- $10,000 term life insurance coverage is provided to all employees who are enrolled in the health insurance plan. A voluntary Term Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment or Whole Life program is also available for employees to purchase additional coverage on self, spouse or children. The voluntary benefit is portable at group discounted rates.
- Eligible employees may sign up for this voluntary benefit whereby an employee can choose to cover themselves, a spouse and dependent children.
- Pet Insurance
- Eligible employees may sign up for this voluntary benefit whereby an employee can choose to cover their dog, cat, bird, rabbit, reptile, or other exotic pet.
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Job benefits includes offers of a health care and dependent care spending accounts (FSA) which allow employees to pay out-of-pocket health care expenses and childcare expenses with pre-tax dollars. Administered in accordance with the Department of Treasury Section 125 guidelines.
- Center For Generations
- Bring your child to work! St. John’s United owns and operates an inter-generational child development center (CFG) for children from newborn to age 12. Pre-school as well as after-schools programs are also provided. Discounted fees are paid by employees through convenient payroll deductions. Hours of operation: Monday through Friday, 6:00 am – 6:00 p.m.
- Adoption Benefit
- St. John’s United supports employees who are blessed with adopting a child. Financial assistance is provided to eligible employees. If you have questions regarding benefits, contact St. John’s United Human Resource Department at 655-5694.
Retirement & Savings
- 401(k) Plan
- All employees of St. John’s are encouraged to take advantage of saving pre-tax bi-weekly payroll earnings to a 401(k) Retirement Plan and/or post-tax contributions to a 401(k) Roth. Employees direct where their funds are invested from a variety of choices. St. John’s may provide year-end discretionary matching dollars to those active participants who meet all eligibility requirements. There is a 3-year cliff vesting schedule for the employer match portion.
- Savers Program
- Eligible employees may sign up for the SJU Savers Program sponsored by Montana Health Federal Credit Union. Save $1,000 and you will receive $100 at the end of the year.
- Employee Assistance Program
- The Employee Assistance Program is a confidential counseling program which is available to all employees and their immediate family members. St. John’s United pays the entire cost of the program. See HR for details.
- Tuition Assistance
- Tuition assistance and Loan repayment are available to employees who have worked at least one year in a regularly scheduled position.
- Educational Scholarships / Tuition Reimbursement
- Scholarships / Reimbursements are available to St. John’s United employees. Applications are made to the St. John’s Human Resources.
- Nursing Apprentice Fellowship
- This program is designed to provide tuition assistance and career applicable employment while nursing students pursue their LPN or RN degrees.
Additional Job Benefits
- Short-Term Disability
- Eligible employees accrue short-term disability hours to provide continued salary for their own illness or injury that extends beyond 40 continuous hours of work time with a doctor’s certification or immediately upon admission into hospital.
- Pharmacy Benefit
- Employees may purchase brand name prescriptions items for themselves and their immediate family members at discounted prices at our on-site pharmacy. If covered under the St. John’s United health insurance program, generic prescriptions are free of charge at our Center for Healthy Living Pharmacy!
- Employer-Assisted Housing
- St. John’s United assists employees in achieving the dream of home-ownership via a forgivable loan. See HR for eligibility requirements and benefit application.