When it is time, you may decide on the compassionate care of St John’s United Hospice care for end of life support. St. John’s United serves all of Yellowstone County with Medicare-certified hospice care. Our hospice team provides expert medical care, pain management, emotional counseling customized to our patient’s wishes for individualized care. We also extend our grief and loss counseling services to each patient’s family for emotional and spiritual support.
We believe that hospice affirms life, but never denies death. Hospice recognizes dying as a normal process of life, and in so doing we collectively: honor wishes, offer choices, bring commitment and compassion, and strengthens families. Hospice is about faith, hope and caring.
In most cases, care is provided in the patient’s home; however, care may be provided wherever the patient is residing – hospital, nursing home, assisted living or other long-term care facility.
- Visits by the hospice physician, nurse, social worker, home health aide, volunteer, and chaplain
- Medication Management for symptom control or pain relief
- Medical equipment such as wheelchairs, walkers, and medical supplies
- Dietary counseling
- Medicare-covered services necessary to manage pain and other symptoms related to the terminal illness, as recommended by the hospice team
- Grief and loss counseling for patient and loved ones
St. John’s United Hospice trains volunteers to provide support to patients and families as well as aide the organization through clerical and fundraising efforts.