What is C.A.R.E.S. Wraparound?
- Coordination, Advocacy, Resources, Education and Support.
- Families and youth work together to create vision and goals with support from the Wraparound team.
- Goals are individualized and based on the strengths of the youth and family.
“Our life was broken into pieces and SJU C.A.R.E.S. came in and helped me pick up the pieces and is helping create a foundation that will last forever.”
‐ C.A.R.E.S. Supported Parent
What happens during the Wraparound process?
After your C.A.R.E.S. Care Coordinator and Family Partner have spent time getting to know your family’s strengths and needs, together you will identify a group of supports (family, friends, neighbors, school staff, etc). The family’s team then creates a plan to work toward meeting the family vision.
What are the 10 Guiding Principles?
- Family Voice and Choice
- Team Based
- Natural Supports
- Community Based
- Culturally Competent
- Strengths Based (NO Shame, NO Blame)
- Persistence (Unconditional Regard)
- Outcome Based
- You will learn how to build and maintain success in your home, school, and community.
- You will be able to identify and use your strengths to move through crisis situations.
- You will feel more confident moving through community systems.
- You will receive services and supports based on your needs and goals.
Who is Eligible?
- Families of youth 0-18 who are willing and able to participate and join in a team process.
- Family with a youth with a mental health diagnosis or who have displayed behaviors that interfere with their school performance, social and family relationships, substance abuse or who may be showing signs of unmet treatment needs.
- Youth returning, or at risk of, out-of-home placement.