Application and Recommendation Form (Spring Packet)
The St. John’s Foundation Scholarship Fund
This fund is made available through the generosity of donors to the St. John’s Foundation. The Foundation commends and wishes to financially support those St. John’s staff members and their dependents who commit themselves to personal and career growth. The support is intended for educational opportunities that benefit future career advancement of the recipient.
- 5 @ $1,500 (per semester) – St. John’s Lutheran Ministries Foundation Scholarships. These will be awarded to benefit eligible employees (working 24-40 hours per week) of St. John’s, Mission Ridge or Vista who have been employed for a minimum of one year and are in good standing within their department.
- 1 @ $1,500 (per semester) – The Harry and Alta Mae Wardell Scholarship Fund for Academic Excellence. This will be awarded to a benefit eligible employee or the dependent of an employee who meets the criteria, who has worked at St. John’s, Mission Ridge or Vista for a minimum of one year and is in good standing within their department. The applicant must be planning to major in Education or Healthcare. All staff are eligible but priority will be given to high school seniors.
- Scholarships will be distributed directly to the University, College or institution they are currently attending.
- Recipients must be enrolled and/or accepted in to their program of study.
- Applicants must demonstrate a GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- The Scholarship Committee will review applications and determine the most qualified recipients.
- Funds are limited. Meeting eligibility requirements does not guarantee that an applicant will receive a scholarship.
- Recipients will be notified of acceptance in writing.
- Finalists may be asked to come to an in-person interview with the Scholarship Committee.
- Recipients must send an acknowledgment or thank you to the appropriate fund administrator upon notification of the scholarship.
- Recipients of scholarships will be publicized within the Board of Directors, Billings Gazette, St. John’s newsletter and with appropriate donors.
Scholarship Applications are due to the Foundation no later than October 1, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Application materials can be dropped off to the Foundation office or mailed to:
2429 Mission Way
Billings, MT 59102